INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BOMBAY
Powai, Mumbai 400076
Advertisement No. D25/0809
Last date 10.09.2008
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, an Institute of National importance, is looking for
a suitable person for the following positions:
1. REGISTRAR (1 poston
contract basis for a period of 5 years)The
be responsible for administration of various wings of IIT on the basis of policy guidelines
set up by the Director and the Board of Governors. IIT Bombay is going through a process
of transformation and is currently ranked as one of the highest technological Institutions
in India. The Registrar is expected to be a person with a positive attitude with capacity
for problem resolution. He should have a proven ability to coordinate
and lead a team of
officers from various wings, including Administration, Academic, Finance, Materials
Management, Security and Legal matters of a large academic and R&D Institution. Under
the Act, the Registrar is the custodian of records, the common seal and funds of the
Institute. The Registrar is the exofficio
Secretary of the Board of Governors and the
Essential Qualification/Experience :
(a) A postgraduate
degree with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade and
(b) 15 years of administrative experience of which 8 years should be as Deputy Registrar
or an equivalent post OR Comparable experience in research establishments and other
institutions of higher education OR A retired Officer from Defence Services with suitable
experience OR At least 15 years of experience as Lecturer/Reader of which 8 years should
be in Reader’s grade with experience in Educational Administration .
A Ph.D. degree or a degree in Management. An ability to supervise computerized
administration with an innovative approach, HRD experience and experience in Finance
Scale of Pay : Rs.164004502090050022400(
Total emoluments on the minimum of the
scale excluding HRA is Rs. 36462/per
month). Unfurnished housing will be provided in
the Campus free of licence fee.
Age Limit: Preferably below 55 years.
2. DEPUTY REGISTRAR (1 post–reserved for OBC)The
candidates should have
leadership qualities and requisite experience in Administrative matters and legal matters.
Duties will include attending to legal matters in court in Institute land matters, arbitration, all
works connected with disciplinary cases, enquiries and related matters, assisting and briefing
the Institute Advocate in land and other service mattters, drafting and executing various leave
and Licence agreements etc.
Essential Qualification/Experience :
1 A postgraduate
degree with atleast 55% marks or its equivalent grade.
2 8 years administrative experience as Assistant Registrar or in a post carrying a scale
of pay of Rs. 800013500.
Comparable experience in research establishment and other institutions of
8 years experience as a Lecturer in a college or a University with experience in
Desirable : Degree in law having experience in dealing with legal matters would be
Scale of Pay : Rs.1200042018300
(Total emoluments on the minimum of the
scale excluding HRA is Rs.26760/per
Age Limit : Preferably below 50 years.
3. ASSISTANT LIBRARIAN (1 postreserved
for OBC) – The candidate should be well
conversant with various activities of an Academic Library, such as procurement and
processing of books and periodicals, supervision of special collections, maintenance of
Library materials, reprography, binding unit etc. and providing assistance to general
library administration. Experience, and knowledge of modern information handling tools,
knowledge of any foreign language such as German, French or Russian will be added
Essential Qualification/Experience :
Master's degree in Library Science/Information science/Documentation or an equivalent
professional degree with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven
point scale plus a consistently good academic record. At least 7 years experience in a
responsible capacity in a University level Library. Candidates should be familiar with usage of
Library software and have experience in library computerisation.
Master's degree in Arts/Science/Commerce or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks or
its equivalent grade with Bachelor's degree in Library science/Information science/
Documentations or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks or its
equivalent grade plus a consistently good academic record. Candidates should be familiar
with usage of Library software and have experience in library computerisation.
Scale of Pay : Rs.800027513500
(Total emoluments on the minimum of the scale
excluding HRA is Rs.17940/per
Age Limit : Preferably below 40 years
4. CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER (1 post) The
candidate will be expected to take up
complete administrative charge of the 60 bedded hospital equipped with outpatient,
and surgical facilities supported by Senior Medical Officer, Medical
Visiting Specialists etc. The candidate will also be expected to provide
health related advice to the Institute functionaries for the needs of the Institute.
Essential Qualification/Experience :
M.D. or M.S. Degree in a clinical discipline with an outstanding educational background
with minimum 15 years professional experience. Administrative experience in the
capacity of being incharge
of an Institute/Research Organization/Industrial township
hospital is preferred.
Scale of Pay : Rs.1200042018300
+ Non practicing allowance. Total emoluments
at the minimum of the scale excluding HRA, NPA is Rs.26760/p.
Unfurnished residential accommodation, free of Licence fee will be
provided in the Campus, Water and Electricity charges will be
Age Limit : Preferably below 50 years.
5. SENIOR SPORTS OFFICER (3 posts ) The
candidates are expected to organise and
manage all aspects of Cultural and Technology festivals, sports events at Intra and Inter
Essential Qualification/Experience :
Masters Degree in Physical Education (Two years) with minimum 55% marks and
Doctoral Degree in Physical Education, 20 years of work experience out of which 10
years in the pay scale of Rs.1000015200.
The candidates should have coaching
proficiency in Athletics/Football/Hockey/Cricket etc., represented University/
State/National level in their respective Sports and have worked at similar Institute
managing sports, cultural and other similar students activities.
Desirable : Proficiency in teaching /coaching more than one major sports at similar
Scale of Pay : Rs.1200042018300(
Total emoluments on the minimum of the scale
excluding HRA is Rs.26760/per
Age Limit : Preferably below 55 years.
6. EXECUTIVE OFFICERS (on contract basis for 3 years) – The candidates will be in the
Office of the Dean (Resource Mobilization) or in the Office of the Dean (Alumni and
International Relations). In the Office of Dean (Resource Mobilization), the candidates will
either (a) interact with IIT Bombay donors and corporate houses under the guidance of Chief
Development Officer and Dean (RM), and be responsible to manage projects and prepare
reports or (b) plan and maintain all financial records, and carry out administrative work as
may be assigned.
Essential Qualification & Experience :
Bachelor's degree from a reputed institution. Must have excellent communication skills,
report writing ability, and full knowledge of computer usage. The Person will be responsible
for general developmental and administrative work as may be assigned.
Desirable: Masters degree in marketing or MBA, 2 years experience in customer relations
and Project management skills.
M.Com with first class. Must be conversant with various computerised account packages, tax
related matters. At least ten years experience in relevant field.
A First Class Bachelor's/ Master's Degree in Mass Communication or International Relations
or any other closely allied subjects. Atleast three years experience is essential in relevant field.
Consolidated Salary : In the range of Rs.15000/to
qualifications, experience and expertise, which is likely to be
Age Limit : Preferably below 40 years.
General Conditions :
i. The qualification and the age are relaxable for internal candidates.
ii. Relaxation of age for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates is applicable as per rules.
iii. The Institute reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any
iv. No interim correspondence will be entertained.
v. The age of superannuation for Sr. no. 1,2,4 and 5 is 60 years and for post at Sr.
no. 3 is 62 years.
vi. Persons employed in government and semigovernment
organization must apply
through proper channel.
vii. The appointee for the post of Assistant Librarian will be required to work on shift
duties and on holidays, whenever necessary.
viii.Candidates other than those belonging to SC/ST/PH category must send a
Demand draft of Rs.100/drawn
on any nationalized bank payable at Mumbai, in
favour of Registrar, IIT Bombay alongwith the application (except for the post no.
ix. Outstation candidates called for interview(except for the post at Sr. No. 6) will be
reimbursed upto 2nd AC rail fare from the place of residence to the Institute and back
by the shortest route on production of the proof of onward journey or return journey
(atleast xerox copy of the ticket/receipt), failing which claim will be treated for 2nd
Class only. Railway fare will not be paid on the spot, but will be reimbursed
Application forms and information sheet are obtainable from the Assistant Registrar(AdmnI),
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400 076 by sending a self addressed
stamped envelope of Rs.16/(
size of 26 x 11 cm). The envelope must be superscribed
“Requisition for application form for the respective positions”. Application form and
information sheet can also be downloaded from www.iitb.ac.in for the posts from Sr. No. 1
to 5. In case of any difficulty in downloading the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
For the post at Sr. No. 6, applications with full particular on plain paper may be sent to the
Registrar, IIT Bombay.
Last date for receipt of completed form to reach Registrar, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai – 400
076 is 10 th September, 2008 . Read more>>>
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BOMBAY
Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited
(A Government of India Undertaking)
Corporate HR Department, Room No. 206,
Administrative Building, Chembur, Mumbai – 400 074
Last date 20.09.2008
RCF Ltd is a leading profit making public sector undertaking engaged in the field of manufacturing and marketing various Fertilizers and Industrial Chemicals having manufacturing units at Thal, Dist. Raigad and Trombay, Mumbai. Also the company has Marketing offices all over India. The company has ongoing projects at Thal, Mumbai and DAP Project coming up in Rajasthan. Company has its own well-equipped hospitals at Trombay & Thal catering exclusively to the medical needs of its employees.
RCF needs Management Trainees in various disciplines as indicated below for its units at Thal (Dist.Raigad), Trombay (Mumbai).
1.Chemical : 22 posts
2.Mechanical : 16 posts
3.Electrical : 12 posts
4.Instrumentation : 16 posts
5.Civil : 02 posts
6.HRD Instrumentation : 01 post
7.Industrial Engineering : 02 posts
8.Fire : 02 posts
9.Materials : 16 posts
10.HR : 03 posts
11.HRD : 02 posts
12.Administration : 01 post
13.Corporate Communication : 01 post
Applications for the post of Instrumentation and HRD Instrumentation will be considered as one group.
The no. of posts are indicative and Management reserves the right to increase / decrease the same at its discretion.
Wherever CGPA/OGPA or letter grade is awarded in a degree, the candidate will have to indicate the equivalent percentage marks.
For SC/ST Candidates , the minimum percentage required is relaxed by 5% in all disciplines.
Functional knowledge of computers is essential for all posts.
Candidates who have appeared / are appearing for the final year examination may also apply. However, they will be called for Personal Interview, (if declared successful in the Written Test) only if their results are declared before the date of Personal Interview. If the result is not available on the date of interview, their candidature shall be cancelled.
The candidate should possess two years full time Post Graduate qualification at Masters Degree level in case of discipline of HR, HRD, Administration and Corporate Communication.
Disciplinewise Reservations for SC(Scheduled Caste) / ST (Scheduled Tribe) /OBC (Other Backward Class) among the above posts respectively will be: Chemical – 2/2/6, Mechanical – 2/1/3, Electrical – 1/2/4, Instrumentation – 1/2/3, Civil – 0/0/1, Materials – 2/0/2, Industrial Engg. – 0/0/2
Total :- SC - 8 nos, ST – 7 nos, OBC – 21 nos.
The reservation for PWD (Persons with Disabilities) is as per Govt. guidelines.
AGE AS ON 1.8.2008:-
Not exceeding 25 years in case of Engineering Graduates and candidates applying for disciplines in HR, HRD, Administration and Corporate Communication .
Not exceeding 27 years
1. in case of Engineering Post Graduates. (Provided Degree awarded)
2. In case of candidates with BSc and BE (Fire).
Company’s employees are eligible for relaxation in age by five years.
The age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST, 3 years in the case of OBC (Non Creamy Layer), 10 years in the case of Persons with Disability candidates, 5 years for candidates domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir between 1.1.1980 to 31.12.1989, 5 years for Ex-servicemen, 5 years for Children/family members of the victims of 1984 riots.
Selection, Training and Placement:-
The selection methodology will comprise – Written Test – (consisting of General Aptitude and Academic knowledge) and Personal Interview for assessment of different facets of Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Aptitude. Candidates will have to pass through each stage successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
Candidates can exercise the option of appearing in the selection process in Hindi or English.
Candidates applying for Materials Management Discipline shall appear for written test in their respective branch of Engineering.
Selected candidates will be undergoing training for one year and will be offered a lumpsum stipend of Rs.17,500/- per month. Free lodging and boarding facility will also be provided at Company’s Hostel. Candidates not availing this facility shall be paid Rs.1000/- p.m. as Transportation allowance.
After successful completion of training they will be absorbed in the scale of pay of Rs.8600 – 250 –14600 (pre revised) . Total monthly gross emoluments at the minimum of the Basic Pay inclusive of Dearness Pay, DA, HRA and other allowances works out to around Rs. 22,500/-. The Pay scales are due for revision w.e.f. 1.1.2007. Other benefits as per company rules which includes Medical Facilities, Gratuity, Contributory Provident Fund, Employees Pension Scheme, Group Savings Linked Scheme, Accident Insurance, Leave Encashment, House Building Loan Interest Subsidy, etc. shall also be applicable.
Selected candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.75,000 to complete the training and to serve the Company for a minimum period of three years after completion of training. The amount of Rs.75,000/- shall be recovered from the candidates as Deposit from their monthly stipend (Rs.7500/- each in the initial two months and Rs.6000/- for rest of the training period). Any trainee leaving in between, his recovered deposit amount will be forfeited in addition to other dues, if any. Candidates completing the 3 years service under the Bond will be refunded an amount of Rs.85,000/- on completion of the 3 years service.
HOW TO APPLY:-
1. Company employees should submit their application through Proper Channel to Corporate Human Resource Department.
2. All other candidates to log on to website www rcfltd.com for submitting the online application.
3. Since the online application form requires details of Demand Draft (only for General and OBC applicants), caste (in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWD applicants) and the percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination, the candidates must have the relevant documents / details readily available with them at the time of filling the online application form.
4. Click on the “Online Application Form”
5. Read the instructions carefully and fill up the online application form giving accurate information.
6. While there is no application processing fee for SC / ST / PWD / Departmental candidates; General & OBC candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application processing fee of Rs.300/-- by a crossed Demand Draft drawn on State Bank of India, Commercial Branch, Swastik Park, Chembur, Mumbai 400 071 (code No.4268) in favour of Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited. (enter the details of Demand Draft in the Online Application Form). Applicant submitting Money Order / Postal Order or any other mode of payment will be rejected.
7. On submitting the application, on line, if the same is accepted, the system will generate a Unique Application Number which will get printed on the Application Form.
It may be noted that mere acceptance of the online form by the system does not mean that the candidature is accepted. This is subject to the candidate meeting the eligibility criteria exhaustively.
8 On filling up the online Application Form, the candidate will get an opportunity of viewing the details that he has filled in and if any corrections are required, edit facility shall be available to him. He has then to confirm the details by pressing the “Submit Form” button. Then he will be required to print the Application Form for his records. The candidate will have to affix photograph on the printed application form, attach the Demand Draft (in case of General and OBC candidates only) etc., attested copy of caste/disability certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWD, sign and send it by ordinary post to the Dy. General Manager (HR) Corporate, RCF Ltd., Administrative Bldg., Room No. 206, 2nd Floor, Mahul Road, Chembur, Mumbai-400074 by 20th September 2008. The Name and Application number should be written on the back of Demand Draft.
9. Candidates should retain a photocopy of their Demand Draft and Application Form for future reference.
10. Photocopies of Application Form/ Demand Draft will not be accepted.
11. The online registration of applications commences at 8.00 a.m. on 26th August 2008 and closes at 10.00 p.m. on 10th September, 2008.
12. No other mode of application shall be considered.
(1) The candidates must have an active e-mail id, which must be valid for atleast 6 months.
(2)The eligible candidates will be intimated about the date, time and venue of written test through post and or e-mail on the e-mail id provided by them in the online application form.
(3) RCF will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid / wrong email ID provided by the candidate.
(4) Wherever CGPA/OGPA or Letter Grade in a Degree is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
(5) Candidates who have appeared/are appearing in final qualifying examination in 2008 are eligible to apply. They will be required to select “Result Awaited” option from the drop down menu of online application form. In the event of their being shortlisted for interview, they will have to submit documentary proof of having passed the qualifying examination with minimum prescribed percentage of marks at the time of Personal Interview.
(6) Candidates belonging to OBC but coming in ‘creamy layer’ will not be entitled to reservation and should apply as OBC (Creamy layer) category. No relaxation in age is applicable for this category.
(7) For appearing for the Written Test outstation candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category will be reimbursed to and fro II class sleeper Rail / Bus fare by the shortest route on production of the ticket. Candidates will have to submit the bill alongwith the ticket at the test centre.
The amounts will be reimbursed subject to checking / verifying the original tickets and attested copy of Caste / PWD Certificate.
For appearing for the Personal Interview, all the outstation candidates will be reimbursed to and fro II class sleeper Rail / Bus fare by the shortest route on production of the ticket.
(8) Pre-recruitment Training will be organized for the SC/ST candidates one day prior to the Written Test. Outstation Female candidates will be provided single accommodation in Company’s hostel during this period for attending the training as well as the Written Test on first come first served basis subject to availability.
(9) Candidates presently employed in Govt. Deptt. / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies should first apply through Online Application Form. Such candidates will also be required to submit NOC at the time of personal interview (if called), failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
(10) A candidate can apply for one discipline only except in the Instrumentation and HRD Instrumentation discipline. The candidates having B.E Instrumentation qualification can apply to both the posts i.e. Instrumentation and HRD Instrumentation discipline by submitting a single application and giving preference. Other candidates applying for more than one discipline will be considered for any one discipline at the discretion of Management. Therefore, the candidate should select his field of interest e.g. eligible Engineering Graduates should apply either for Engineering discipline or for Materials Management discipline. The Materials Management in RCF consists of purchase, stores, raw material handling, bagging, logistics etc.
Candidates selected for Materials Discipline may be transferred to Technical Departments as per their qualification, if required in the interest of the Company.
(11) In case the candidate has any difficulty in filling the online application form he may communicate the same to us through our email id email@example.com . It may be noted that the candidates have to apply through online only and no other form of application will be accepted.
(12) Candidates have the option of appearing in the Written Test in Hindi. The candidates must specify this option in the column provided in the application form.
(13) Candidates should not attach certificates / mark sheets etc. (except Demand Draft and attested photocopy of caste / disability certificate, where applicable) along with the post copy of Application Form. Since, the details will be screened without documentary proof, candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria of the post applied for.
(14) The printed Application Form (post copy) along with enclosure(s) must reach at the given address by 20th September 2008.
(15) Post copy of Application Form of General and OBC candidates received without applicable Demand Draft will be rejected.
(16) Post copy of Application Form of SC/ST/PWD candidates without a copy of the prescribed certificate will be rejected. Application of OBC candidates without certificate will be subject to clause 6 above.
(17) The Discipline and Category is to be written at the top left-hand corner of the envelope, while sending the post copy (print out) of the Application Form along with DD/Caste or disability certificate.
(18) No communication (written/telephonic) will be entertained after the closing date of the submission of the Application Form, as regards the date of Written Test, Interview etc and the candidates should await the intimation from the Company.
(19) At the time of appearing for personal interview (if short listed on clearing the written test) the candidates will have to produce the original certificates and submit the attested copies of qualification (passing certificate of SSC, HSC, Degree (Semesterwise) and other qualification), caste certificate(in case of SC,ST,OBC candidates), PWD certificate (in case of PWD candidates).
OBC (Non creamy layer) Candidates submitting certificates in the prescribed format and which are issued after 1st August, 2007 (as given in Annexure I) will only be considered in the OBC category. If the certificate is not produced or not produced in the prescribed format, the candidates will be considered in General category and the candidature will be processed accordingly.
Applications of SC/ST candidates not submitting certificates in the prescribed format (as given in Annexure II) will not be considered.
Application of PWD candidates not submitting certificates in the prescribed format (as given in Annexure III ) will not be considered.
The candidates have to strictly follow the instructions as regards the Caste Certificate.
There will be no correspondence with the candidates in this regards.
Only such candidates whose documents are in order and are meeting the prescribed criteria will be allowed to appear for the personal interview.
It may be noted that furnishing of wrong / false information / incomplete documents will lead to disqualification and RCF will not be responsible for any of the consequences of furnishing such wrong /false information / incomplete documents by the candidate.
(20) The Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Mumbai.
For more details and online application please visit
http://www.rcfltd.com Read more>>>
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OCEAN TECHNOLOGY
(Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India)
NIOT Campus, Velachery–Tambaram Main Road, Pallikaranai, Chennai-600 100
Phone : 91-44-6678 3300 Fax : 91-44-22460645
Last date: 26.09.2008
ADVERTISEMENT No. NIOT/E&P/03/2008
National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), Chennai a technical arm
of the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India, New Delhi with
the object of promoting technology development in various mission mode
activities related to Ocean Engineering and Ocean Resources
exploitations, invites applications for the following Regular posts in
the fields of mechanical design and fabrication, structural design,
electrical power devices, offshore engineering, hydrographers and
physical oceanography and in Administration :
1. Scientist – C : 07 posts, Pay Scale : Rs.10000 – 325 – 15200/-
2. Scientist – B : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 8000 – 275 – 13500/-
3. Technical Officer : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 6500 – 200 – 10500/-
4. Skilled (Technical) Staff : 03 posts, Pay Scale : Rs.3050-75-4590
5. Office Superintendent : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 6500 – 200 – 10500/-
6. Junior Superintendent : 02 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 5500 – 175 – 9000/-
7. Senior Stenographer: 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 5500 – 175 – 9000/-
8. Assistant : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 4500 – 125 – 7000/-
9. Junior Assistant : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 3050-4590/-
10. Helper : 03 posts, Pay Scale :Rs. 2650-4000/-
Out station candidates called for the Interview will be reimbursed with
to & fro Sleeper Class Train Fare / Bus fare by the shortest route from
the place of duty / residence. The Institute follows the Reservation
Policy as per Government of India norms.
For detailed advertisement, please visit NIOT website
Last date for receipt of Applications : 26.09.2008 Read more>>>
Enter email ID: Don't forget to activate Email Subscription from your Inbox
सरकारी नौकरी-Sarkari Naukri-Government Jobs of India
Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) Ayog Bhawan, Gurukul Kangri, Haridwar-249404 (Uttarakhand) Uttarakhand Public Service Co...
Income Tax Department Government of India Office of the Chief Commissioner of Income Tax (CCA), Delhi-I IIIrd Floor, Central Revenue Buildi...
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Government of India Ministry of Railways Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) invites applications for t...
Marketing Officer-Law Officer-Information Technology Officer-Rajbhasha Adhikari-Agriculture Field Officer jobs in Bank of IndiaBank of India, Head Office Specialist Officers – Recruitment Project 2012-13/2 under IBPS Common Written Examination (CWE) Notice Da...
Online Applications are invited from Engineering Graduates male Indian citizens for 117th Technical Graduates Course (TGC), Post Gra...
Date of Preliminary Examination - 23.12.2012 (Sunday) Date of Main Examination - shall be notified later on as mentioned below Last Date fo...
Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam - 603102 Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Rese...
Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ) A Central Government University Brambe, Lohardaga Road, Mandar, Ranchi-835205, Jharkhand Centr...
Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (Madhya Pradesh Vyavasyik Pareeksha Mandal) (VYAPAM) "Chayan Bhawan", ...
National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways (Deptt. of Road Transport & Highways) G...