Advt. No. NCAOR/14 /08
National Centre for Antarctic & Ocean Research
(An Autonomous Society under the MINISTRY OF EARTH SCIENCES, Govt. of India)
Last Date: 27.09.2008
Headland Sada, Vasco-da-Gama, Goa - 403 804.
For Sl. No. 1: Executive Assistant (Finance)
Essential:- (i) Graduate from a recognized university, preferably in Commerce/Economics with three years experience in a Govt./Semi-Govt./Autonomous/Research/Reputed Organization, in Finance/ Accounts section .
Desirable:- (i) A thorough knowledge of Government of India rules and regulations regarding service matters, budgeting, planning, salary administration, Provident Fund etc. (ii) Familiarity with the use of computers in accounting.
Job Requirements:- To assist the Executive (Finance) in ensuring compliance with the proper procedure for accounting, budgeting and financing, as well as managing all expenditure related to the activities of the Centre. Any other duties assigned from time to time.
For Sl. No.2: Executive Assistant (Administration)
Essential:- (i) Graduate from a recognized University with three years experience in a Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous/Research/Reputed Organization in Personnel/ Establishment/ Administrative section.
Desirable:- Possessing a speed of 30/25 words per minute in English/Hindi typing. (ii) Should be conversant with Computer Software applications (word processing, spreadsheets, data entry operations etc. and office automation devices.
Job Requirements:- To assist the Administrative Officer on such jobs as assigned. Any other duties assigned from time to time.
For Sl. No.3: Executive Assistant (Personal)
Essential:- (i) Graduate from a recognized University with 3 years experience in a Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous/Research/Reputed Organization as Stenographer/PA (ii) Possessing a speed of 100 words per minute in Stenography (English or Hindi) and 40/30 words per minute in English/Hindi typing.
Desirable:-Should be conversant with Computer software applications (word processing, spreadsheets, data entry operations etc.) and office automation devices (ii) Experience of working as a Personal Assistant to Senior Officers, (iii) Excellent communication skills.
Job Requirements:- To assist the Director /Scientists.
For Sl. No.4: Jr. Executive Assistant (Stores)
Essential:- (i) Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university with two years experience in handling Stores and keeping accounts in a store in a Govt./Semi Govt./ Autonomous/ Research/ Reputed Institution.
Desirable:- Familiarity with computerized purchase and stores operations and excellent communication skills.
Job Requirements:- (i)To maintain records of the stores and catering to the needs of the Centre. (ii) Any other duties assigned from time to time
For Sl. No. 5: Sr. Office Assistant (Public Relations)
Essential:- (i) Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University. (ii) Ability to type 30 w.p.m. in English/25 w.p.m. in Hindi. (iii) Experience in Public Relations assignments.
Desirable:- (i) Good command over English and Hindi. (ii) Experience with EPABX systems, office automation and computers.
Job Requirements:- Public relations, attending and handling telephone calls and visitors, and such other jobs as assigned by competent authority from time to time.
For Sl. No. 6: Sr. Office Assistant (Administration)
Essential:- (i) Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent (ii) Ability to type 30 w.p.m. in English/ 25 w.p.m. in Hindi.
Desirable:- Knowledge of computer software applications (word processing, spread sheets etc.) and data entry.
Job Requirements:- (i) All office-related work. (ii) Any other duties assigned from time to time.
For Sl. No. 7: Jr. Office Assistant (Administration)
Essential:- (i) Matriculation or equivalent qualification from a recognized Board or University (ii) A typing speed of 30 w.p.m. in English or 25 w.p.m. in Hindi
Desirable:- Graduation from a recognized University (ii) Computer literacy, with experience in data entry operations.
Job Requirements:-All office-related work assigned from time to time.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible and need apply.
- Last date for receipt of application: The last date of submission of application form, duly filled in all respects, is 60 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News. In the case of candidates residing in flanged/remote areas viz Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshdweep and for candidates residing abroad, the last date of submission of duly filled application form is 67 days from the date of publication of this advertisement. The application duly completed in all respects along with the relevant documents duly attested must reach to "The Director, National Centre for Antarctic & Ocean Research, Headland Sada, Goa – 403804” on or before at 05.00 pm of the last date. This advertisement can also be referred / downloaded from our web site www.ncaor.gov.in
- The last date is the cut off date for all purposes including Age/Qualification etc.
- Posts at Sl. No. 3 & 5 are reserved for visually handicapped & orthopaedically handicapped persons respectively.
- Separate application should be submitted for each post and should clearly indicate the Advt. No., Sl. No. of the post; and name of the post applied for, on the top left corner of the envelope.
- Attested, clear and readable Photostat copies of: Caste certificate, Discharge certificate/ Experience certificate, Educational Qualification (mark sheets for all academic years) etc. should be enclosed along with the application. If the certificates are in a language other than English or Hindi, attested translations should be enclosed.
- Candidates working in Government/Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous bodies should apply through the proper channel. They may, however, send advance copy of application along with the enclosures which should reach on or before the prescribed last date. If application is not routed through proper channel, the candidates must produce the requisite ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of interview/test.
- Candidates/ Persons claiming SC/ST/OBC/PH status OR age relaxation should submit attested copies of certificate issued by the prescribed authority.
- Candidates must send their application by Registered Post only. NCAOR will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit.
- Age relaxation & Reservation will be as per Govt. of India norms. (SC, ST & PH- 5 years, OBC-3 years, Central/State Govt. employees and regular employee of NCAOR upto - 5 years).
- Experience shall mean the Experience in the relevant field acquired from a Govt./Semi-Govt./Autonomous/Research/ Reputed organization after obtaining the minimum qualification asked for in the said category.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle the candidates to be called for interview. Thus, the Centre may restrict the number of candidates, to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and/or experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement and as relevant to the Centre’s immediate needs.
- Out-station candidates called for interview will be paid to-and-fro Sleeper-class railway/Bus fare by the shortest route on production of proof of journey, such as the railway ticket number/bus tickets etc.
- Candidates will have to produce all original documents in proof of details furnished in the application at the time of interview for verification and the same will be returned after verification.
- Grounds for rejection of application: Candidates must ensure that the application is complete in all respects. Application having any deficiencies, defects i.e. not in prescribed proforma; not legible; without signature; more than one application is submitted for the same post; under-aged or over-aged; without declaration or incomplete declaration; without certificate or attested copies of caste certificate as per format prescribed by the Govt. or not issued by the prescribed authority for the candidatures of SC/ST/OBC received after the closing date & time; without attested photograph; educational certificates/mark sheet/experience certificate; which do not fulfill the terms & conditions mentioned here shall be treated as invalid and shall be rejected without any intimation to the candidate(s).
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. No interim correspondence / inquiry will be entertained.
- At present the place of posting is at Goa with transfer liability to any part of India.
- Selected candidates may have to join the post immediately on being found fit by a medical authority.
- Presently the posts carry usual allowances viz. DA, HRA, CCA, TA, LTC, Children's Educational Assistance, CPF (PF Act,1925), Medical facilities, Leave (similar to GOI), TA/DA etc. as admissible to Society employees, as per society rules.
- All the above posts are on regular basis and the period of Probation is 01 (one) year.
- The full Advt. is also available on the website " www.ncaor.gov.in".
- The earlier Advt. No. NCAOR/09/06 issued by NCAOR has been cancelled and those who have applied earlier for these posts may apply again, if interested.
- Director, NCAOR reserves the right to fill-up or not to fill-up any or all the posts advertised without assigning any reasons thereof. The forms for recruitment and review may change at any stage, if so decided by the Director, NCAOR.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications neatly typed / hand written on A/4 size plain paper, as per the prescribed format provided in this advertisement, should reach on or before last date, only by the Registered post, along with attested copies of all documents related to educational qualifications, date of birth, work experience, caste etc. to “The Director, National Centre for Antarctic & Ocean Research, Headland Sada, Goa- 403 804".